Bolivia: Tragic accident leaves 28 dead
BOLIVIA, June 27, 2011
A fatal accident occurred in southern Bolivia leaving at least 28 people killed and 10 injured after the bus in which they were traveling plunged into a ravine.
The accident occurred near the border with Argentina, in the Bolivian region of Tarija, as it was confirmed by Traffic Director Colonel Placido Arroyo.
Among the victims, rescuers were able to identify two babies, while the injured were taken to hospital San Juan de Dios in Tarija.
Authorities said the bus plunged into a ravine of at least 100 meters high. Some theories hold that the accident was caused by the presence of a thick fog over the route, which greatly hindered visibility. However, it wasn’t discarded that the driver has circulated at a high speed.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet