Princes William and Maxima of the Netherlands accused for tax evasion
Netherlands, June 8, 2011
The royal couple of the Netherlands was accused of conducting financial transactions in “tax havens”. Parliament condemned the fact.
Editors of the Dutch daily “De Volkstrant” said they had accessed secret information about the building pf a mansion in Mozambique since 2009.
According to the royal service of press, Maxima and William “bought their holiday home in Mozambique through bill payments in ‘diverse countries’”, which would be the tax havens (such as Jersey, owned by Great Britain).
The parliament of the Netherlands criticized “the moral of Orange when managing their money,” and the liberal Mark Rutte regretted “that secret information was published.”
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet