The 25-K: Activism from abroad
Mexico, May 31, 2011
M24Digital contacted Ignacio Vazquez, a member of the space 25-K of Mexico, who told us about its genesis, its objectives and the reception they did to the president, Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner, during her official visit to the Central American country. “One leaves the country, but never all the way.”
“We started with the death of Nestor, on October 27. We communicated with friends and family in Argentina and the people were sad, scared,” Ignacio said.
As for the name, the militant said: “25 because there are 24 provinces in Argentina, and we would come to be one more; and K for our defense to the model (of Cristina Fernandez).”
“One leaves the country, but never all the way. The clearest example is football, one is still cheers the goals from Argentina. The gene is stronger than me,” he said.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet