The demands of workers in line 60
BUENOS AIRES, April 20, 2011.- The drivers of the legendary line 60 are taking a strike on claims for payment of wages and union recognition.
According to M24Digital in dialogue with the delegates, “the company owes the workers between 400 and 1,600 pesos holiday pay and they do not want to recognize the union representatives who have been elected democratically, but they want to position their owns.”
The company claims to have no money for these arrears, but delegates say they “receive subsidies of at least 26,000 pesos for each bus and fuel costs 78 cents for them.”
In addition, workers reported that when an employee is not physically able to continue driving, “rather than move him to administrative tasks, they fired him and only pay 50% of the compensation.”
Negotiations with the Ministry of Labour continue and if it is not meet the eight-points demand, strike will continue.
Before being received by the Labor Ministry, the drivers blocked the Pan American Highway, at the height of Ingeniero Maschwitz, causing major disruptions in traffic.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet