Ban Ki-Moon: “Gbagbo should step aside inmediately”
April 10, 2011
In Ivory Coast, French forces and United Nations launched military operations to stop the violent actions held by the President Laurent Gbagbo, after orders from Ban Ki-Moon, UN general secretary.
The Ivorian president claims a French occupation of his country, while Ki-Moon announced the use of “all necessary means” against the use of heavy weapons by Gbagbo’s forces.
“At my request, the French forces should provide necessary support for UNOCI” as was stated by Ban Mi-moon these Sunday.
“Gbagbo should step aside immediately, ” added the United Nations secretary general.
The crisis in the African country broke out after the Electoral Council declared Ouattara as winner, ruled that was rejected by Gbagbo and has since refused to give the power.
The UN imposed financial sanctions on Gbagbo, his wife and several members of his entourage and threatened to punish “information agencies” that “incite hatred and violence”.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet