Garre reports that in the Federal Police “there are sectors that compete for business”
BUENOS AIRES, April 08, 2011.- Security Minister Nilda Garre made a strong complaint against the Federal Police to recognize that “it is the biggest problem that she has in her management.”
“The most serious problem and more complex than we have is the Federal Police,” she said in statements made yesterday.”
Garre also reported that there are sectors of the Federal Police who dispute, not on ideological or action models, but on the prevalence in certain areas and businesses.”
“When somebody says ‘that police station raises good’, it means that it extorts traders to those who ask for money in exchange for protection, and immigrants who do not have their papers in order, or vendors, so they do not bother them, or cocaine kitchens, where they look the other way”.
“For years the political leadership did not take over the security issue. It was thought that it was a police matter, and that the defense was up to the military. This had disastrous results,” the official added.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet