Informal employment fell 2.4 percent in 2010

Argentina, March 16, 2011

The National Institute of Statistics and Censuses (INDEC) reported that informal employment has declined in a 2.4% in 2010, decreasing to 33.7 percent of total employment from the 36.1% registered in 2009.

The INDEC released data of the Permanent Household Survey (EPH) under the October-December period last year. While in 2009, unemployment had reached 8.4% of the population, in 2010 the figure dropped to 7.3%.

In addition, the applicant underemployment (working less than 35 hours per week) dropped 5.5% against 6.9 in 2009, and no applicant fell from 3.1% to 2.8.

The report submitted by the INDEC belongs to the main urban centers of Argentina in the fourth quarter of 2010.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>