Conflict with garbage collection
BUENOS AIRES, February 28, 2011.- Three landfill facilities and the four transfer plants of the Metropolitan Area Coordination Ecological Society of the State are on strike for 48 hours, whereupon the city awoke covered with rubbish.
Mauricio Macri’s government held a special operation of waste collection although it may not be downloaded in Ceamse Company.
Macri said, “We are waiting to see how the discussions advance between the Governor Scioli and Ceamse guilds. Last night we could solve it. I worry about tonight. “
He added, “It will take a whole night with a double collection effort. We ask the neighbors to not taking away the garbage.”
The striking workers are in disagreement with the agreement signed between the provincial government and several municipalities to create new centers of burying trash.
Ceamse Union secretary Gabino Pistoia said “is at risk the continuity of Ceamse workers, since they do not give any of the promised solutions to improve waste treatment and prolong the life of landfills.”
Last week, Buenos Aires Governor Daniel Scioli initialed the agreement to close the landfill in Ensenada and construct five treatment plants in La Plata (two in this city), Ensenada, Berisso and Brandsen. These companies will start operating in early 2012 and the government will invest 40 million dollars.