Five-month baby died because the doctor did not wash his hands
February 19, 2011
According to the published by Dailymail.co.uk, “Noe Tomsett was being treated of multiple birth defects in the St George Hospital in London, when he contracted a deadly disease caused by an adenovirus and died”.
According to the autopsy, the child contracted the disease through the hands of the doctor. After these results, the doctors argued that it is ‘difficult’ to accomplish the urgent demands of the patient with the hands washed”.
The mother, Nicole Deutsch, and father, Brett Tomsett, blamed the hospital for not acting fast enough to protect their child.
The mother told to the “Evening Standard” that “everything took too long. The doctors did not do him a thorough checkup when she was born so they found no other problems until January”. “They did not do enough tests on me. Nobody has the answers. I was in the hospital all the time with him during the week”.
Brett, his father, added that “no one took responsibility for the case of Noah. We had to remember the story of Noah every two days”.
“I was hoping that the cause of her death was of natural reasons but it is a virus that can collapse at any time. There’s not clinical negligence in this regard”.
Dr. Martin Grey, a pediatrician at the hospital, said that “the virus that killed Noe was probably an infection spread by hand” and said that “he attended at least once a baby without washing their hands, because of the nature ‘hasty ‘health of the child. “
The medical examiner Shirley Radcliffe said Noe “received” excellent care and was “a tragedy” the way she acquired the virus”.
The report clarifies that “Noah was born at 39 weeks by Caesarean in September 2009. After a scan, it showed that she had a problem with her abdomen. She was treated and released in October but had to be readmitted in January 2010 when his doctor noticed that she was worsening. He was discharged again for several weeks but had to be re-admitted for respiratory problems on February 25. March 21, when finally died”.