The national government is considering launching an economic school basket
City of Buenos Aires, February 8, 2011
The Internal Trade Secretariat seeks an agreement on school products to present during the first days of March and to convince employers, it would authorize hikes of 10.5 percent.
Interior Commerce Secretary Guillermo Moreno is carrying on several negotiations with the companies in charge of the manufactures of school supplies in order to allow the creation of an economic basket for children of low resourced families.
The basket would be sold as a hole in bookstores and supermarkets all over the country, and it will contain all the basic materials needed for school.
At the current prices, buying all the utensils required for high schools would cost at least 80 pesos (20 dollars).
Moreno is trying to get manufacturers to sell products with a 25% discount, but will allow them to increase prices on other products to compensate.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet