‘Choking Game’: Another child died
United States, December 25, 2010:
Local media reported that “a family from Michigan, Detroit, couldn’t explain how they lost their son, Brandon, of 11 years old”.
According to the investigation, “It seems that he died in his room playing a game that has already caused 26 deaths in the United States of teenagers so far this year”.
This is usually known as the ‘choking game’ and is now very popular on the internet.
The ‘choking game’ or ‘pass out’ “consists in avoiding to breath until losing consciousness and then return to life. It is usually played in groups of teenagers who gather to ‘choke’ each other, but it can be also played alone. It is becoming especially important because people started posting pictures and videos on Youtube and Facebook. As was stated by the ‘Foundation for Dangerous Behaviors’ this year in the U.S., 26 people lost their lives because of the ‘pass out’ or ‘choking game’.
The Daily Mail interviewed Jenny Stine, Brandon’s mother, and said “she had begged his son to prohibit him to play the game and he had said, ‘Mom, I would never do such stupid thing” But he did”.
Police authorities confirmed that “the young boy had played before, as he posted some videos in his Facebook page”.
Brian Stine, the child’s father still can not believe it, “I just thought that he would be my best friend forever and will always be there. I didn’t think that something like this could happen”.