The Central Bank ordered a banking day off for tomorrow
December 23, 2010
President of Argentina Central Bank, Mercedes Marco del Pont, decided this afternoon to order the day off tomorrow, Friday December 24, due to the serious problems raised by the financial institutions in the absence of bills.
The Central bank’s move responds to a request from the Association that brings together private banks in Argentina and the Banking Association, who alerted their problems facing branches because of the missing bills.
The Central Bank asked society to prioritize the use of debit cards for holiday shopping.
It is expected that the transition to normal will be next week. This Monday will arrive in the country a Hercules plane, from Brazil, with billions of pesos in cash.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet