Spain: The Pope Benedict XVI criticized the gay marriage and abortion
Spain, November 7, 2010
Benedict XVI spoke against the gay marriage and abortion as part of his visit to the European country in a mass celebrated in the Basilica of La Sagrada Familia.
“The Church opposes all forms of denial of human life and supports those who promote the natural order in the family institution” Benedict said.
Interestingly, the declarations of the “Holy Father” occurred in a country where the gay marriage was approved five years ago.
“The indissoluble love between a man and a woman is the effective framework and foundation of human life in its gestation, its birth, its growth and its natural end” he recalled.
“That’s why the Church calls for appropriate economic and social measures for women to find at home and at work their full realization: that the men and women who marry and form a family to be strongly supported by the State.”
Benedict also criticized the law on abortion by asking “we defend the lives of children as sacred and inviolable from the moment of conception, to dignifie and value birth, and support it legally, socially and legislatively.”
And at this point made clear his position about euthanasia, at the same time that criticized the adoption of children by homosexual copules.
“Part of the homily has been marked by his reflections on Gaudi, creator of the Sagrada Familia, a church designed to expiate the sins of the anarchist and revolutionary Barcelona of the late nineteenth century, published El País.
The Pope has defined Gaudí as “brilliant and consistent Christian architect, and recalled that kept” the torch of faith burning until the end of his life, lived in dignity and absolute austerity. “
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet