Macri hopes the Government to lower the level of confrontation
Buenos Aires, November 1, 2010.- Buenos Aires Mayor Mauricio Macri said on the eve of the public reappearance of President Cristina Fernandez, that he hopes the government “to lower its level of confrontation” after the death of former president Néstor Kirchner.
“We hope that [the President] changes. Lowering the level of confrontation, recreating dialogue and trying to work together, all the opportunities in Argentina is going to happen,” Macri said in statements to the press.
Macri remains critical to the Kirchner administration, because he claims to be “consistent.” “I’m still critical although the ruling leader has died. I still think that Argentina has a huge opportunity ahead if the government changes and it low levels of confrontation,” he said.
On the other hand, the official spoke about the importance of international relations. “We have to stop fighting, get along with the world. We need to be close to Brazil which is the locomotive of the region,” Macri said.
Finally, he did not give an opinion with respect to Peronism. “To comment on parties to which I do not belong is a lack of respect.”
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet