It is claimed that more is spent on pavements than on education in the City of Buenos Aires
The opposition lawmaker Martin Hourest submitted a report which shows that the government of the City of Buenos Aires executed only 4.5% of the budget allocated for education construction sites and 7% for repairs.
“The numbers are even much lower than what was done in the first half of last year. I expected for this time of year is a performance of between 35 and 50 percent, “said Hourest, MP for Social Equality.
The report explains how and 206.4 million pesos were spent on paving, sidewalks and squares (item construction) in a total of 365.8 million (56%) while the budget for school construction and repair of 353.9 million executed pesos only 15.2 million (4.5%)
“With these levels of performance, we will hardly exceed year-end 15 percent of the planned investment,” said Hourest that said “Last year the government could justify the underspend on the grounds of the international crisis or inability to take debt, but this year the crisis ended, the increased tax revenue and could place the bonds Tango by those who earned U.S.$ 475 million.”
Social Equality lawmaker said “the greatest performance in some areas and the relegation of other states shows which are the priorities of the government of Macri,” and concluded “if we allow underspend in some areas and in other overspend in others we would be breaking the contract that is the budget.”
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet