Cristina formalized the gay marriage law
President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner signed into law the gay marriage project sanctioned last week in the Senate.
In an event at the Gallery of Latin American Patriots of the Bicentennial, at Government House, Cristina said that today “we are a more egalitarian society.”
“We didn’t steal anything to anyone with this law. We gave other things to others that were missing,” said Fernandez de Kirchner.”
“Within a few years, this debate will be absolutely anachronistic.”
“The reality is changing,” Cristina said, adding that the sanction of the law allowing gay marriage “has nothing to do with religious convictions.”
Many personalities from the political and entertainment environment were present at the ceremony.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet