The champions came to their land and now everything is celebration
The ovation from the crowd that awaited the champions at Barajas airport was memorable. As soon as the captain of the team left the plane, the Spanish people rose with shouts and cries, to celebrate the conquest of the World Cup, for the first time in the history of Spain.
The plane of Vicente del Bosque players landed at 9:40 (time in Argentina), with about three hours behind the schedule originally planned.
“Welcome to a happier country. Thank you!” It was possible to read in a poster that expresses all the joy for this victory so important to a nation that does not pass a good time economically.
The champions will be received this afternoon by King Juan Carlos and the Prime Minister, José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, before beginning a tour for the Spanish capital on board an open-top bus to celebrate the historic feat with the hundreds of thousands of Spanish expected to be launched into the streets.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet