Brazil left a pale performance against Portugal
Brazil and Portugal tied 0-0 in the definition of Group G. At Durban Stadium, both teams gave a good first half, while the second decrease the level, with a confused Brazil that ended up giving the ball to Portugal.
Brazil felt the absences of Robinho and Kaka . Julio Baptista never found his place in the game and was replaced by Ramires without contributing with anything.
Portugal, with a lower technical level (with the obvious exception of Cristiano Ronaldo), exposed the Brazilian defense, which saw a mess.
The second half had to Portugal as a great protagonist. Ronaldo forced the defenders with every boot and Europeans encouraged. However, despite the goodwill, Julio Cesar appeared when he had to.
Brazil rank first in their group, but with a tarnished image. Portugal needed to win to finished in the highest. Now they have to wait for Spain, Chile, and Switzerland to know their rivals in the second round.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet