Russia: A new attack left several people dead and over 20 injured
A terrorist attack took place in the Russian city of Stavropol, located southwest of the country, killing at least four people and leaving over 20 wounded.
The attack apparently was caused by a car bomb, located in the city downtown, 15 meters from a theater.
The bomb exploded specifically in the culture and sports palace, when people went to see a concert.
Precisely the victims are people who attended the event, according to officials quoted by Russian news agencies.
The latest reports indicate that in the concert hall was scheduled to perform a group from Chechnya.
Civil protection services chief Boris Skripka has not said yet that it was a terrorist attack, but it appears that indeed it was.
Stavropol is not considered as part of the conflict zone of northern Caucasus. Therefore Governor Valeri Gajevski called the act “tremendous provocation.”
Stavropol is a city with a majority of Russian people, and it’s about 350 kilometers northwest from the Chechnya capital, Grozny.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet