Honduras: Protests due to the violence against the media
Today, Honduran journalists reiterated their claims to the authorities to stop the violence and investigate the attacks against the press, which already killed seven professionals.
In the city of San Pedro Sula, dozens of journalists participated in the funeral of their colleague Georgino Orellana, who was killed due to a shot in his head when he was leaving his workplace.
Journalists denounced the impunity of the country and demanded the Security Ministry to clarify the deaths of their colleagues.
Honduras became one of the most dangerous countries to practice journalism.
National and international organizations denounced the wave of violence against the media and demanded the authorities to search for the people responsible for the attacks.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet