Argentine pianist and composer Ariel Ramirez has died
Ariel Ramirez passed away last night affected by Alzheimer’s, at age 88.
The great world-renowned pianist and composer, was born in Santa Fe province on September 4th 1921.
He authored more than 300 songs, and had as partners and friends in the music to Miguel Brascó and Felix Luna.
He created next to the historian some of his most popular Works: Alfonsina y el mar, La peregrinación, Los Reyes Magos, La anunciación, Antiguo dueño de las flechas (Indio toba), Juana Azurduy o Navidad en verano.
He became involved in defending copyright from the presidency of Argentine Authors and Composers Society (SADAIC), a position that from 1970 to 2005, served in five periods. He was currently chairman of the Advisory Board.
According SADAIC his wake is set to take place in Congress at 11 am, in the Salón de los Pasos Perdidos.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet