Redrado: “I will not resign under any circumstances”
Martin Redrado said he will not resign as president of the Central Bank of Argentina after he finished with his presentation to the Bicameral Commission.
The economist, who will continue today with his statement, said before entering the Congress: “I will not resign under any circumstances”.
“We will continue to provide professional and technical explanations about the treatment that members of the Central Bank board gave the decree and, of course, to answer all the questions of management which has allowed the Argentines for the first time in many years monetary and financial stability”, Redrado said.
Moreover, Alfonso Prat-Gay, chairman of the Finance Committee of Deputies, was highly critical regarding the president Cristina Fernandez’ methodology to dismiss Martin Redrado.
“The President Cristina Fernandez had to take a step back with the decree, although she has not explicitly recognized. She missed two weeks between the attempt to dismiss Redrado by decree and the beginning of the parliamentary process,” deputy said.
In addition, Prat-Gay said he had no time to analyze the documentation submitted by Redrado in his speech yesterday, as the Government seeks to accelerate the legislative process.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet