Camping protest on 9 de Julio Avenue enters its third day
The picketers continue camping outside the Ministry of Social Development on 9 de Julio Avenue, calling for their inclusion in the official jobs program “Argentina is working”.
The protesters have set up 23 tents, which are used as shelter during the night. They also placed a soup kitchen, to stock up on food and hot water.
“From here we will not move until we get a positive response to our demand,” said Daniel Mendez, coordinator of the group “Youth standing up”
For his part, Roberto Baigorria leader of ‘Movimiento Barrios de Pie’ said: “The national government has privileged PJ networks to register groups in the plan”.
Most protesters were yesterday camping on the avenue, while others continued inside the building of the Ministry of Social Development.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet