Tiger Woods is Athlete of the Decade
Members from news agency Associated Press took a vote to decide who is the most important athlete of the nearly past decade, and happily 10 years of great golf surpassed a couple of weeks of scandal.
And a fair call I dare to admit: Woods represents golf itself. We cannot say the same about any other athlete, though Lance Armstrong and Roger Federer, who came in second and third in the poll, will for sure have their own chapter in sports history.
We just hope the best golfer in history can fix his problems and come back to destroy courses and records as soon as possible. Even his rivals are missing him as any achievement has twice the relevance when Woods is in play.
People now having fun with the downfall of great Tiger will have to think again and see that errors are common to all men, and there is no reason why someone should suffer as the Californian is doing right now.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet