Demonstrators continue camping on 9 de Julio Ave.
Several social groups continue camping on 9 de Julio Avenue requesting the authorities to be included in the plan of cooperative jobs ‘Argentina Works’.
Social Ministry officials try to persuade demonstrators to withdraw from the place, but they kept firm and argue that if they leave, their claims will remain on hold indefinitely.
Thus, members of the organizations ‘Barrios de Pie’ and ‘Territorial Liberation Movement’ (MTL) continue the blockade against the Ministry and some 70 militants occupied the entrance to the building.
In this context, the police and gendarmerie staged a strong operation, which includes water cannon trucks ready at the site since last night.
This is not the first time this groups demonstrate in this way. Two weeks ago the camping was held in the Avenida de Mayo.
Now, with this new claim, the Government was very hard: “the idea of the protesters is to being paid without working” said the head of the ministry, Alicia Kirchner, and added that the government is always prepared “to apply the dialogue policy, but it is very difficult to dialogue with those who do not want to.”
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet