A Brazilian student was expelled for wearing a miniskirt
Geisy Arruda, the Brazilian student who was expelled from Bandeirante´s University for wearing a miniskirt that was provocative, was verbally insulted by her peers and that´s the reason why she filed a lawsuit against the school for moral damages.
The defense asked the amount of one million reals, about 390 thousand euros, and argue that ‘the institution failed to contain the students who insulted her, in addition to informing to the media the decision of expeling her from the university, damaging its image.”
They also request for measures in the university, that readmitted her shortly after the scandal, such as don´t taking account of the absences to classes after the events and leting her do the examinations at different times and places’.
The 20-year student enrolled in the first year of the Bachelor of Tourism, was verbally insulted by several colleagues because she entered the college with a mini skirt, and because of that she had to seek police protection, to get out of the institution.
Arruda´s lawyers indicated that she didn´t return to the course for having fear about her safety.
All these facts were known publicly and that made her famous throughout Brazil, appearing in television programs and even posed for the Brazilian edition of Playboy magazine.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet