Tevez saves Manchester City with two goals
Argentinestriker Carlos Tevez scored two goals for English team Manchester City to reach a draw with Bolton.
Carlos Tevez came to Manchester City’s rescue at the Reebok Stadium by securing a point with only 13 minutes remaining of a rousing encounter.
Manchester City were 3-2 down and reduced to 10 men with Craig Bellamy picking up a second yellow card for diving, when the Argentinean ran through to drill his shot low into the corner of Jussi Jaaskelainen’s net. It was his fourth goal in three games and his second equaliser of the match. His first of the game was also from the edge of the area, scored when Gary Cahill failed to deal with Bellamy’s low cross.
Ivan Klasnic also grabbed a brace for Bolton with Gary Cahill also on target while Micah Richards was City’s other scorer.
Bolton: Jussi Jaaskelainen; Gretar Steinsson, Gary Cahill, Zat Knight, Paul Robinson; Fabrice Muamba (Mark Davies), Tamir Cohen, Chung Yong Lee, Matthew Taylor; Kevin Davies, Iván Klasnic (Johan Elmander).
Manchester City: Shay Given; Micah Richards, Kolo Touré, Joleon Lescott, Sylvinho; Vincent Kompany (Robinho), Gareth Barry, Shaun Wright-Phillips (Stephen Ireland), Craig Bellamy; Emmanuel Adebayor (Roque Santa Cruz), Carlos Tevez.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet