Macri: “The Kirchners won’t stop us”
The Buenos Aires’ head of Government, Mauricio Macri, lashed the Kirchners’ with unusual harshness. “I want to tell the presidential couple that they won’t stop us,” he blurted out.
“Clearly you want it all, the press, Corrientes; the enterprises, and now it seems they also want the city of Buenos Aires,” warned Macri referring to Cristina and Nestor Kirchner.
“I ask the national government to stop this systematic assault on Argentina’s democracy. In a week’s time they buy a new governor and now they want the government’s head’s resignation,” said Mauricio Macri to the media.
This are the first talks with the media since he had to ask the resignation of the Metropolitan Deputy Police Chief, Osvaldo Chamorro, and the arrest of the force’s head, Jorge “Fino” Palacios. Macri called for “impartial justice” to prosecute the cases.
“I’m worried about the media’s actions, with reckless statements from judge Oyarbide,” he said. “We all want to know the truth and we want to collaborate,” he said.
“The police will be in the street before the end of the year and it will grow. Only fools don’t correct their decisions. We’ve collaborated with the Legislature and the Courts from the beginning,” he said.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet