Cindy Crawford blackmailed over photo portraying her daughter
Cindy Crawford has become the victim of an extortion plot involving a photo of her 8 year old daughter wearing a t-shirt, bound to a chair and gagged.
German model Edis Kayalar obtained a picture of the child tied to a chair, from Cindy’s former nanny, and demanded $100,000 for its safe return.
The supermodel and husband Rande Gerber’s former nanny is alleged to have taken a photo of then-seven-year-old Kaia tied to a chair and passed it on to suspect Edis Kayalar.
A statement from Crawford’s spokeswoman says “Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford intend to pursue any and all available legal action against anyone who aids the perpetrator in the distribution or sale of the photograph of their daughter.”
Kayalar was deported from the U.S. to Germany in September but, according to criminal charges filed Thursday in Los Angeles, Kayalar continued demanding money from Crawford and Gerber.
Kayalar would face up to two years imprisonment if he returned to the US and convicted.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet