Monaco is in Bucharest semifinals, Machi Gonzalez is out
Juan Monaco overcame a second-set blip to advance to the semi-finals over the BCR Open Romania in Bucharest with a 6-3 2-6 6-1 win over Uruguay’s Pablo Cuevas.
The game provided the Argentinian third seed with his 28th clay-court win of the season, more than any other player on the ATP Tour.
Monaco would have faced another Argentinian in the semis had Maximo Gonzalez not slipped to a 6-2 6-2 defeat at the hands of Simon Greul.
The German’s victory secured his first tour semi.
Fifth seed Albert Montanes of Spain strolled into the semi-finals with a 6-1 6-1 demolition of Italy’s Fabio Fognini.
He will next take on compatriot Santiago Ventura, who beat another Spaniard, Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo, 6-2 6-3 on Friday.
Source: The Press Association
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet