The national team attended a mass in San Francisco de Asis
Following Maradona’s request this morning 11.30, a mass was held in the St. Francis of Asis chapel, located in the AFA’s campus of Ezeiza. The players Carlos Bilardo, from the coaching staff, and the AFA’s ladies comittee headed by Julio Gronona’s wife, Nelida Pariani, who the driving force behind the idea of building the chapel.
After the Mass, which was officiated by Father Juan Jose Medina, Grondon’as wife handed Maradona a rosary and thanked all members of the coaching staff and players of the Argentine National Team for attending the religious ceremony, while she wished them the best for next Saturday match against Brazil.
In football terms, The Ten hasn’t confirmed the line-up yet, doubts are fading with the passing of the hours. The biggest mystery was who would be Messi’s companion. In the middle of that debate would be Rodriguez, Veron, Mascherano and Datolo ; and the defense would be integrated by Zanetti, Dominguez, Otamendi and Heinze.
The match will be played on Saturday at 2130 in Gigante de Arroyito. And it will be key to Argentina’s chances of reaching the World Cup to be staged in South Africa next year.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet