Callejeros claims US$ 2.4 million compensation
Rock band Callejeros claimed from the state a compensation of 2.4 million dollars after the acquittal of its members at the trial by the fire in a nightclub that left 193 dead during a concert in December 2004.
The band’s spokesman announced to the press that “the musicians are asking to be compensated for the death of their loved ones in the incident, but also for moral damages, lost profits and helplessness. The suit includes the State by the lack of controls on the club, and requested compensation for “moral damage”, “psychological damage”, “difficult to return to social relations,” “damages” and “loss of profits”.
The sum amounts to about 9.36 million pesos, surpassing the U.S. $ 2.42 million compensation claimed by relatives of the youngsters killed in the fire.
Lawyers for the families considered the claim of the band “ridiculous” .
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet